Friday, April 16, 2010

Yay

So I will let you in on our worry for the past few days now that it is over. They told us that because Lane had birth defects they strongly suspected he had a chromosome problem. They were certain that our precious little guy had trisomy 13...the prognosis for this is just awful, only giving him about six months of life. Well guess what doctors, the tests are back and our little boys chromosomes are perfectly normal! His defect is just spina bifida. They worried me for no good reason. I am discharged now and we are staying at the ronald mcdonald house. i dont have much time now but i will update in a few hours, just wanted to share the good news real quick

4 comments:

  1. that is wonderful news! Doctors don't always know so try not to stress over maybes, that advice got me through our nicu journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy things are going in the right directions! you are in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! They have told me the same thing... It was recommended that I get an amnio awhile ago, but we just decided to wait and have our little one tested at birth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God knows the plans that he has for Lane, and I believe that they are great ones! He has brought so many people together already. what an amazing little man he is. Take care. Love and prayers to you guys! Kim Lemeron

    ReplyDelete