Saturday, April 10, 2010

Weekend :)

Wow, I was just looking back at some of my older posts and saw that at the first ones I was so excited to have only sixteen days to go....now we are down to three. The last weekend before we become parents has started off on a good foot and I am so ready to get through it. Heart monitor was great this morning and the doctors have approved for me to get out and about today. I'm hoping for some tasty food and a walmart....we shall see. I know we will be stopping somewhere as daddy HAS to find some "It's A Boy" cigars to hand out on Tuesday. He is so excited to be a dad!! Lane and I love him so much....he has been so supportive through all of this, staying by my side every day and worrying himself constantly. I will say that his medical terminology has much improved since we started this journey!

As for my quest of the day, I am hunting down nursery books! A music therapist is coming on Monday to make a CD of me reading so they can play it to Lane when I'm not there. I love that he will be able to hear my voice, as I have been worried sick about not bonding with him right off because of all the surgeries and such. I want him to know mommy so bad, yet I do know its going to be nurse after nurse at first... but as soon as they uncuff me from this jail they have had me at for a while now they won't be able to kick me out of the NICU.

We did find out that our dear resident Dr. who has seen me every morning bright and early at 6:30 since we arrived here is leaving on Monday! Thats such a disappointment that she is missing the delivery by 1 day, but thats ok...she really needs time off! I have discovered that medical school is not for me through her...way too much commitment. LOL

I believe  I shall close on that note and wake my husband so we can start getting ready to get out of here. I have to pack up a bunch of stuff to send home too! Please continue to keep us in your prayers that the next few days go by worry free and Tuesday we have an easy delivery. Not that a c section is hard on anyone but me...LOL! God Bless you all and you shall be seeing our baby soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment