Sunday, April 11, 2010

2 days to go!!!

I can't believe Roger and I will be parents in just two short days! We are feeling every emotion you could imagine right now...excitement, fear, worry, etc. We don't know what to expect although the people here have tried to let us know the best they can, no one really knows how things will be until Lane is born. They did say I have a ninety-eight percent chance of getting a short visit with him before they take him to Riley. The neonatoligist did warn us that he is premature, but she seemed optimistic about his lungs. She really doubts he will need to be intubated, probably just a little oxygen until his surgery. I'm praying so much he had enough fluid during his lung development stage because they warned us if they didn't he could have more problems, but I'm pretty certain it was at an ok level then. They are concerned about his small size, but she said the biggest concern there is temperature regulation and blood sugar, so he may be in an incubator for a while to keep him warm. I wish i could just cuddle him close! They warned us it may be a few days before we can hold him so i will be anxious to see what they say about that. All in all we are simply waiting to see how he is, but it was nice to know what to expect. I'm so ready to get this started and meet little Lane, yet dreading it all at the same time. I will get information on here as quick as possible and hope you all enjoy hearing about our upcoming bundle of joy. :)

2 comments:

  1. you will definitely be in our prayers Tuesday and yes you will experience every emotion known to man in the upcoming weeks, having a baby in the NICU is a journey that no one can prepare you for because no two are alike. I did not get to hold my little one for 9 days and it was torture. I cried every single time I had to just stand outside his incubator and see other Moms holding their babies but when I finally got to hold him it was worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey guys,
    I am glad that the both of you are ready, we are too. Now remember we are there for anything you guys need and we will be up on monday.
    I bet you found out by now Roger is like me,sorry, I mean when he is scared,worried or has no controll he will get mad hateful or grippy well i am sorry he seen me to many times. but he loves you and the baby more than life and he just wants to be able to fix everything bad role model he had I think hhe will be better than i was.
    Roger I just wanted to say you are doing a great job and I know it has to be hard but hang in there I would say it will make you two better people but I dont think it can because both of you are the best. I no dani dont tell your mom i think she did a great job, dont want her to get a big head.
    Tell lane I am first. lol see you both monday
    love DAD

    ReplyDelete