Thursday, August 12, 2010

vent is out....

Lanes vent came out around 3 this afternoon. It was the most amazing thing to see him moving and breathing on his own and he actually was LOOKING at me and HOLDING my finger. O i love him so much. He is stable and on a nasal canula for oxygen. I cannot hear any stridor but the doctors have not been in so I will not assume anything or get my hopes up too soon. Lane, the poor baby, is so swollen, he looks like he has been beat on with two puffy, black eyes and his swollen hands and feet. I just got done holding him for the first time since monday. I must admit i teared up. We are still hoping he clears up and does not need the trach so please continue praying. Roger and I finally got a room for tonight in the Ronald McDonald house in the hospital so we are gonna finally get a good nights sleep out of a waiting room chair. It's only for tonight but it is so much better. Well we are going to eat then I'm headed back to our miracle baby.

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment