Wednesday, August 11, 2010

...................

Lanes mri results came in this morning. His chiari malformation is not the likely cause of the vocal cord paralysis. Thats a good thing but the problem now is what is causing it. The drs are still looking at nerve problems because he has the feeding dysfunction also. We were told that they are going to try to take the vent off of him tomorrow and see how he does. If there is no improvement we are going to have to submit to a tracheostomy. This is scary for me and I am completely unsure how we are going to work our lives around this. I am supposed to start school on the 23rd which is little over a week away. We have a lot of decisions to make and some are going to be hard. The most important thing is Lane and we have to do what is best for him. I have been overwhelmed so much, but we can handle this just as we have handled everything else. A few classes and I will be a trach expert. All i can ask for is prayers that lane is better in the morning when he comes off the vent. I want my baby back so bad. I have not been able to hold him since monday and it is absolutely killing me. Well thats really all I can say for now so I will be back on with more info tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Dani, Lane is on our prayer list at church and he has been there since before he was born. There are alot of prayers being said for this amazing little man and I know that God hears every one of them. Continue to lean upon Him and know that you have a strong support team behind you! Hope he is cradeled in your arms as soon as possible. You are a great mom, Dani, stay strong! kim lemeron

    ReplyDelete
  2. roger and dani i can't begin to tell you how proud i am of both of you. your two very strong parents and i know whatever comes your way or whatever choices you make will be the very best for lane.i wish i could be there with you but know that i am thinking of all three of you and your in my prayers .i miss you all love mama deisher

    ReplyDelete