Friday, August 13, 2010

trach is in

Lane is out of surgery and stable. He has a trach and a g-tube. More update added to this post later

9 pm- Lane is doing well and is awake from surgery. His trach is in and he is on a ventilator. I did not realize that he would not be able to cry, but it is so. Don't know how we will manage that. His g-tube is significantly small and should make things easier. For the first time ever lane has nothing taped to his face or coming out of his nose or mouth! The trach is going to be a lot of care but I really feel that Roger and I did the best thing for Lane. We will manage! Hoping Lane is off  the vent in the morning and we can start our training for trach care. Goodnight!                              

1 comment:

  1. I checked your blog yesterday and have been praying for you guys today. My little Spencer (born May 10th, SB L2, shunt) is just about the same age as Lane and also had some scary issues prenatally (IUGR, low fluid). I am so sorry that Lane had to get a trach and G button. The part about him not being able to cry made me cry. You sound like such a strong person who is able to marshall whatever you needs to to help the people you love. I hope that his recovery from surgery goes well, you are able to find a rock-star home health nurse, and that you can bring him home soon!

    ReplyDelete