Wednesday, March 2, 2011

still here...

We are still at riley. Lane's having a lot of problems breathing now. He is breathing extremley fast..sometimes hitting seventy breaths a minute and has had some issues with desating which is where the oxygen in his body is getting too low. It seems so crazy that now, of all times, he is having breathing problems. He has never had oxygen issues and it would have made more sense when he had the trach put in or when he was born than it does now. I have not gotten an answer yet on what is causing this. Hopefully they can turn this around quick so we can just go home. It is so hard to be here sometimes. It just gets depressing being held hostage in this place.

I also realize I never really followed up with what got us here to begin with. After being discharged on Wednesday last week Lane seemed pretty good. Saturday morning he woke up fussing. I really didn't think much about it. He cried all day Saturday unless he was asleep. I still was not overly concerned because he was not vomiting or unresponsive so I really thought he just had a bug. Well, Sunday came and he was STILL crying. Around ten I had had enough and took him to the ER. I still thought it was just a bug but something needed done. Turns out it was the shunt causing the problems as you know. I really hope they got it fixed this time. Poor guy got stuck literally 20 times trying to get an IV and still didn't get one. The had to do it during surgery poor baby.

So with anyluck we will be home very soon! I have no idea what this breathing stuff is going to put us in but hopefully it's manageable at home!

Again thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, concern, and interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment