Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Headed home...hopefully?!?!?!?!

Lane is doing well today. They revised the shunt again. The doctor said there was some mild bleeding in the brain which she thinks triggered an immune reaction that clogged the shunt. She went in and cleaned out the ventricles of the brain to check for active bleeding and she found none! So Lane has a brand new shunt and some really clean ventricles!!

Last night he woke up from surgery super happy.
Some quick phone snap shots of the smiles I had not seen in a few days.

O he is so precious. We are hoping to all get home tonight! I had to come take a test for finals so  I am waiting on the call to come back or wait here at home. It really sucks not being there even though it has only been a few hours. Daddy and Grandma Chrissy are there with him though!

The only thing holding them there is since the surgery lane has started making a whistling noise. It sounds kind of like the stridor before the trach but not quite. He just keeps coughing so it is irritating him. Pulmonary is suppose to be looking at him anytime now to see what is going on. They said it was a leak in his airway. Dare I wish that this shunt surgery fixed the vocal cords!!! I am doing my best not to jump the gun on that one.

Well that is all for now here. I will update as soon as I get some more info. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers! Danielle

1 comment:

  1. My he has a charming smile!!!

    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hospital stays are hard on the whole family.

    Karin.

    ReplyDelete