Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fairy Tales

I remember as a little girl dreaming of being grown up one day. Being a doctor or lawyer and marrying my prince charming in a huge ceremony. We would buy a huge house and have adorable little kids running around. Life would be perfect, just like in the movies. Rich and successful, what everyone wanted! It was a fairy tale I, and every other little girl, kept with me for a long time. My fairy tale didn't include anything short of perfect. Hey, it was my dream.

My fairy tale did not make room for lifes ups and downs. It would be the way I thought in my mind it should be and nothing else was an option.

My fairty tale did not visualize marrying my high school sweetheart before finishing college, having a baby at nineteen (let alone a special needs baby), struggling financially at times, or having any other hardship.

Fairy tales are about:

 Love
Laughter

Kisses

Friends


Family

Being Mad

...and Happy

Struggles...

Success

Chillin' Out

Good rest after a hard
days work..

Simply enjoying life
to it's fullest!

Turns out I got my fairy tale!


4 comments:

  1. What cute pics!! Love it! You guys have a great story. And I'm so glad Lane is home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not have said it any better. Love you guys, mom-gma Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was wonderful!
    Danielle - I had no idea you were so young! (Oops that makes me sound old) You are an incredible mother and a prime example that the year you were born does not define what you can and cannot do!
    I am so glad you are living your fairy tale! (And thanks for the reminder of what it really means!)

    ReplyDelete