Friday, June 4, 2010

7 weeks

I want to apologize for the late update but i have some news so it's a plus i waited. On tuesday lane turned seven weeks old, wednesday we went to see his pediatrician. Lane is weighing in at eight pounds nine ounces and going strong. he is getting so big!!! i dont know how people have babies this size...he would never have fit! On thursday I met with a developmental therapist and speech therapist. They both said Lane looks amazing and is doing better than they had ever expected. He is on track developmentally and his physical therapist said she will be back in three months but highly doubts we need her until lane is around ten months old. She assured me he will walk and may not even need therapy to do so...just some ankle braces. She said she really thinks he will crawl on his own and no problems sitting! I am so excited at this great news. Lane is really growing into his red headed temper. I thought his hair would turn blonde but so far it is still a bright red! He has become fascinated with my face and always has ahold of my shirt or necklace. His pulmonary doctor called yesterday and said that his last sleep study was just now read and Lane has no sleep apnea no more which means he can come off his monitor but I have still put it on him at night as I sleep better knowing he is breathing..... July thirteenth and fourteenth we will be headed back to indy to see a ton of doctors including our first visit to the spina bifida clinic and another  swallow study. Well thats all I have for an update now....i promise i will add more pics just have to find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment