Tuesday, May 4, 2010

3 weeks old!

So we did make it home last wednesday as many of you have probably figured out by the fact that my postings quit. Being home is so nice. I had missed this place so much. Two months of no grass, trees, or open spaces left me very appreciative to the place I call home. I have very much enjoyed driving around in the country. Yesterday my grandma watched Lane and I took the backroads home so I could enjoy the wide open fields and beautiful country. We tend to forget what a beautiful place we live in. Now...on to Lane which is what you all really want to hear about. :) He is doing good and growing leaps and bounds already. It is so hard to believe that our little man is already three weeks old. It seems like it was just yesterday I was sitting in the hospital waiting for his arrival! He weighed in at a whopping six pounds even today. We met his home health nurse who was very nice. Tomorrow we are headed back to Indy to see the neurosurgeon and with any luck get the stitches out of his back so he can lay on his back and be in a normal car seat. The feeding tube is going well and everyone is getting comfortable with feeding him. Lane sure does love to pee and poop everywhere when he gets his diaper changed. lol Roger went back to work yesterday so Lane and I are trying to get our own routine together. He is getting way spoiled. He loves to be held and knows that a little cry will get him picked up right quick. Lane is showing us already he is going to be quick to learn manipulation. He will be sleeping in his bed quite content until I walk in the room and say something then he starts fussing. He is so gonna be a momma's boy! The shunt seems to be working well and his back has healed great. Every day we get closer to his due date he does more baby stuff. He has started smiling and grabbing fingers( and his feeding tube) which is so cute to see. I an really gonna love to watch him grow and do things that the doctors told us he would probably never do. It's amazing how much my love for him grows each day. Well I will attempt to do better on posting. Here are a few pictures of our miracle baby....God Bless.

his hat is always falling off..


two weeks old


at home with daddy


wide awake...lol



peeking at mommy


snoozing in his bobby

2 comments:

  1. He's such a sweetie! congrats on getting him home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani and Roger,

    He is a living doll!!

    Penni Hutcheson

    ReplyDelete