Saturday, February 5, 2011

At Long Last.....An update

To Climb Steep Hills Requires A Slow Pace At First- Shakespeare



Yes, You are seeing this correctly!!!! Lane is sitting! Slowly but surely we have hit our first major milestone and o what an amazing feeling. Lane is pretty proud of himself too everytime he sits and has an audience of applauses and standing ovations. :)

It's strange. The way it feels to want something so bad for your child. The feeling is so strong and raw sometimes it is hard to bear. You want it. You question everyone you know. You pray. You pray harder. Then it happens. Words cannot describe the way it felt to see Lane, my precious child, do something I was told he would never do, would not be alive to do. Breathtaking, that is what it was. Simply Breathtakingly beautiful.....

As you can see Lane is doing really well! We have finalized our move to Indiana so are in the process of switching therapy, drs, ect. I didn't realize how much of a pain this was going to be! Lane is doing amazing, growing and developing every day! Those little hands are getting finer tuning by the minute. He can snatch up anything instantly these days. Especially things he shouldn't have. Today he tried REALLY hard to say uh-oh...it was so cute watching him try to work around that trach. He did get the oh several times. Such a persistant little guy.

 Lane also graduated to a "big boy" car seat today. I think he is liking the extra room. That little infant seat was getting cramped.

I have been noticing a lot more movement out of Lane's legs lately, which really gets me excited. He is still bearing weight and can actually push off his legs. He pushed his highchair back the other day off his daddy's legs. That was another YAY moment in our household.

Medically, thank goodness, I have no news. Lane is "healthy", I throw this around loosely, and has no new issues. We go back to Spina Bifida clinic on the 1st of March for check-ups so I will update then on anything new in that area.

As for general life here in Indiana, it's cold. And wet. And miserable. Why do I live here again? Snow, ice, and frigid temperatures are about the only news in this state. Yuck.

I'm ending this short, with a promise to post again soon, I have my internet back from the move now, and an apology for so long without an update. We did fall off the face of the planet but are back now! Just kidding!



Kisses for Uncle Cole~~

The Main Man!!!!

You will be hearing from us again soon. Stay warm!!
                                                                   Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo for sitting up!! I know how excited you are right now!

    ReplyDelete